California 8-Hour Guard Card Training
8-Hour Program – Power to Arrest
This section familiarizes and instructs the student on the training topics delineated by Business and Professions Code Section 7583.7, legal aspects, techniques, liability and company requirements relating to the arrest of an individual.
This section must be completed before the guard is assigned to duty.
Lesson 1, Power to Arrest
- Understand the training topics delineated in the Business and Professions Code Section 7583.7, including and without limitation:
- Legal aspects
- Company requirements
Relating to the arrest of an individual.
- Define arrest.
- Understand the implications of an arrest relating the subject, the guard and the company.
- Understand escalation and deescalation techniques in the use of force.
- Understand the use of restraint techniques and their implications.
- Understand trespass laws and the implications of enforcement.
- Complete the Power to Arrest Test with a 100% score in accordance with the Manual’s Administering Instructions.
Lesson 2, Weapons of Mass Destruction and Terrorism Awareness
- Understand the role of a Security Officer in preventing an incident.
- Understand the nature of terrorism.
- Understand weapons of mass destruction.
- Be able to coordinate critical information.
Complete the Weapons of Mass Destruction and Terrorism Awareness Test with a 100% score in accordance with the Manual’s Administering Instructions.
- Register for the online guard card class now with access control security.
- Receive your completion certificate as soon as you complete the course.
- We provide affordable Live Scan Fingerprinting to our students at CA Northridge HQ Office.
- Click here to obtain the fillable Live Scan Form.
- Apply online as soon as you complete the course.
- Or, to apply through mailing address: P.O Box 989002 West Sacramento CA 95798-9002