Residential security guards patrol private residential properties and areas, safeguarding against illegal activity, including theft, loitering, trespassing and vandalism. They generally have the authority to detain individuals who violate the law on their property until government law enforcement officials arrive.
- Maintain access control procedures set by building management.
- Effectively utilize access control systems, visitor management systems and CCTV systems as needed.
- Identify all tenants and/or visitors upon arrival.
- Ensure visitors and vendors are properly signed in prior to accessing the building as needed.
- Observe departing personnel to guard against theft of tenant or building property.
- Monitor security cameras that are within the facility.
- Respond to incidents including property emergencies.
- Conduct general patrols of the entire property both interior and exterior.
- Fire watch.