Security guards are entrusted with protecting lives and property. Because of this critical responsibility, rigorous backgrounds checks are completed on all security guard applicants before they can receive their guard license.
FBI guidelines require that security guard candidates complete a criminal history background check and provide a fingerprint submission. Both the FBI and California Department of Justice (DOJ) run checks to make sure future security guards are clear of any questionable prior behavior.
The background search reviews data compiled through federal, state and local law enforcement agencies. A fingerprint check establishes a positive identity of the candidate.
Access Control Security conducts additional screening when hiring security officers and continues with intensive candidate evaluation for specific jobs. We focus on matching the skills of the officer to the skill requirements needed for the job. Our typical screening process includes:
- California Bureau of Security and Investigative Services (BSIS) Licensing Verification
- DMV History
- 10-year employment background check
- Personal reference check
- Comprehensive drug screening
- Proof of legal right to work in United States of America
- Orientation testing and evaluation sessions
- Client involvement and recommendations
- Written honesty evaluation (where permitted by law)
If you think you have what it takes to be a successful security guard, Access Control Security is hiring. For more information about Access Control Security’s California guard training and to sign up for online courses, go to https://www.247GuardTraining.com.